[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2922)
eq-companion.com • View topic - HTML Export

eq-companion.com

EQ Companion - A free log file parser for EverQuest, EverQuest II and Vanguard
It is currently Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HTML Export
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:28 am 

Hey, it's me again! I was trying to combine all of our fights for a raidwide parse after we raided. I wanted to try it in the HTML format. When I select all the fights in the fight window, and click combine, down at the bottom, I get "Runtime Error 9" and it crashes EQ Companion. Am I doing it wrong, or can the program do what I am trying to do?

Post subject: Re: HTML Export
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:19 pm 

also says "subscript out of range" does that mean I am trying to do too much?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

Yea, probably.

Which version of EQ Companion are you using? I did fix some limits few months ago so the latest version might allow you to combine all your fights.

If you are using the latest version, you could e-mail me the log file that you were using along with the fight numbers that you try to combine and I can probably easily see which particular array of mine is overflowing. Fixing these kinds of problems is trivial when I have the log file that produces the error.

My e-mail address is kai@eq-companion.com.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

For some reason I was not able to reply to your e-mail. Outlook received error 550 from your mail server.

Anyway, I got your e-mail with the log file and I fixed the problem. It was because the combined fight exceeded the hard-coded limit of 2000 rows. I fixed EQC not to hard-code it. it will now initially allocate 500 rows and when it needs more, it allocates more in 250 row chunks. I was able to successfully combine the fights you mentioned.

I will upload the latest beta a bit later. It will be build 1683 or later.

Thanks for the report!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

The new beta version is up now. It is build 1684. I added couple of Vanguard features to it as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:31 pm 

Awesome! thanks again for your help. No idea why you couldn't mail me... spammers can. will DL new version now =)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:08 pm 

Pardon my noobness if this has been covered before, but can I export the HTML page onto a messageboard? Like our guild forums? I was hoping to be able to cheact and cut and past the raw text, but can't seem to get it to come up.... that and it says the clipboard is too small to hold it all.. I have to get it out of the directory

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:26 pm 

Ok, now I have run into a new problem with the HTML posting. All of our members with a temporary pet of any kind has thier DPS table listed, but not totaled. Then, further down the list you find their temporary pets listed and some have totals, and some do not. Secondly, if you go thru the HTML table, you find players listed in Blue and in Red. Correct me if I am wrong, but Blue is supposed to be for friendlies, and Red is for Foes? I have tried messing with all the settings I can find, like "Combine Pet's DPS with Master's" and such. I like to parse all of the comabtants so that everybody can see where thier resists might be hurting them, as well as for our Tanks to be able to judge their defensive set ups. I have never run it on any other game, so I do not know if what it is doing is normal or not. I have sent you a few logs via E-Mail already, and I dunno if you have them still or not. If you need any more, let me know. Also, I want to apologize for the long delay in between sessions here, RL keeps me away from my computer so when I get a chance to sit down I usually want to play. But, on weekend days when I have no football team to coach, I usually try and take care of guild admin stuff lol. Anyway, thanks in avance for helping me out.

V

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:52 pm 

You still around these days?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:58 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I have been busy with RL as well...

I have one log file from you called 'Testparse.txt' and it is about 22MB in size and it is from Sep/22 - Sep/28. Is there a specific fight on that log file that would show the problem with the pets and missing 'Total' rows? I went through several fights from there and did not find any that would show that problem.

The missing 'Total' line is an old bug that seems to show up every once in a while and I have fixed several bugs that has caused it. It might be worthwhile for you to download the latest beta and give it a try as well as I might have fixed your issue already.

Combining pet's and their master's damage has been a bit problematic for me, especially in EQ2 where there are so many different types of pets and I do not know all of their names. I have added some logic into EQC's EQ2-mode where it automatically knows a mob is pet but I have a feeling there are many pet types I just do not know about. For example I see fighter's with names like "Myrune's Aqueous Horde" and "Sompoc's Blighted Horde" that I suspect are some sort of elemental pets, but I am not sure.

If you can give me some samples of temporary pet names, I can add code to EQC so it recognizes them as pets automatically.

You are correct, Blue names are 'friends' and Red ones are 'foes'. If EQC is not able to determine either way, it is in green and listed at the bottom of the table. EQC uses some deductive logic to figure out which ones are friends and which are foes. Anything you damage are marked as 'foe', anyone damaging a known 'foe' is 'friend', etc. Sometimes if a player never does damage on a known 'foe' mob, EQC cannot determine the status and they are left as 'unknown' (green).

I am pretty sure I have code that uses healing in that process as well. If someone heals a 'friend' they are deemed as 'friend' as well.

That logic fails in case of charmed mobs, though as they are 'foes' but they are damaging 'foes' as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:03 pm 

Hrmm, I will have to look at the individual fights. When it was an issue for me, was when I parsed the whole "Raid Zone" and tried to post it on our guild forums. Meaning, I selected all of the fights that took place in that zone and clicked combine. Then clicked Generate Export File. Let me see if I still have that test parse laying around and I will check it out. I can also send you another one if you need.